DO I NEED TO PREREGISTER TO TAKE MY FIRST CLASS?
It is not required. Simply show up to the class you want to take about 30 minutes early and we can register you in person. If you prefer to preregister, go to our schedule and click 'sign up now' next to the class you want to take. This will help you commit, and absolutely reserve your spot, even on a busy holiday (as long as you show up at least 5 minutes prior).
DO I NEED A MAT?
We provide mat rental for $2. You are also welcome to bring your own if you have one.
I have no yoga experience!?
Relax... we have brand new beginners in our classes, allll the time. Many of our advanced practitioners started yoga for the first time with us! All ages, sizes and abilities are welcome to take any of our classes at any time. Simply go at your own pace, be patient with yourself & take breaks when you need to.
Helpful Tip: show up early to score a spot in the back. Its easiest to follow along and see what others are doing if you are sitting in the back.
- ARRIVE: Please be on time, Entering class late is disruptive and disrespectful to others. New clients please come 20 minutes before for registration
- BRING: You will need a yoga mat, large towel, and bottle of water. Yoga mats are available to rent for $2 at the studio, however it is always most hygienic to bring your own. Water is for sale ($1).
- SHHHH: Keep the noise down. Chat it up in the lobby but keep it to a whisper in the yoga room.
- WEAR anything you are comfortable sweating in. Keep it light.
- HYDRATE. Come well hydrated & Drink water after class to replenish
- EAT: Practice on an empty stomach. Try not to eat about 2 hours before.
- DONT BE SMELLY: Please do not wear scented perfumes or spray.
- DONT BE 'THAT GUY/GIRL': Absolutely NO CELLPHONES in the studio- This is your teacher and co-practioners biggest pet peeve. Disconnect for respect of the group.
- FINISH: Don't "bail" on savasana- You start the class, finish the class. It is disruptive to pack up during our final quieting moments, & robs you of the most important part of your practice. Stay...relax. "The beginners mind skips savasana." -Dharma Mittra